On 14/02/2016 01:46, Alex wrote:

rejecting outright at the SMTP level for IPs reaching my honeypots
could be dangerous if not checked.

how so? if your honey pots use specific non human used (ever) addresses, then there should never ever be a genuine mail destined for it.

I dont care who the connector is, be it foobar.com or gmail.com if they relay it, they are listed, its where spamhaus and I always disagreed, because what they are doing is sending a clear message to spammers to simply "use gmail" to avoid being listed in spamhaus.

You are never too big to be stuffed into a dnsbl, there are a number of well known bl's that have been around for over ten years that also take that approach.

--
If you have the urge to reply to all rather than reply to list, you best
first read  http://members.ausics.net/qwerty/