On 21 May 2016, at 12:31, Dianne Skoll wrote:

On Sat, 21 May 2016 12:28:48 -0400
"Bill Cole" <sausers-20150...@billmail.scconsult.com> wrote:

On 20 May 2016, at 7:07, Dianne Skoll wrote:

Sorry for the non-easy answer.  Doing it properly requires a
non-trivial amount of coding.

I do not recall doing any real coding at all to get a steady trickle
of log messages like this (regarding mail NOT from Amazon):

May 4 01:30:05 bigsky mimedefang.pl[43619]: 3r067J5jjjz1ZYGsV:
MDLOG,3r067J5jjjz1ZYGsV,Reject: Bad
Filename,ORDER-067-8958800-7459411.zip,application/zip,<auto-shipp...@amazon.com>,<red...@scconsult.com>,Your
Amazon.co.uk order has dispatched (#067-8958800-7459411)

Well, yes, if it's feasible to block all zip files, then it is
trivial.  However, that's not an option for us. :)

Well, that particular system is one where I have extraordinary powers of persuasion over all of the handful of users, but elsewhere where my authority is less absolute I've found that providing easily used alternative means of receiving files more safely makes it easier to crank down on email constraints that paying customers would otherwise not tolerate. One wave of mail-borne ransomware can be a persuasive experience as well for customers who are reluctant to ask senders to do anything "special" to send them files of suspect types, although obviously that's a somewhat random event.