On 24/05/2016 21:28, Benny Pedersen wrote:

On 2016-05-24 21:40, Nick Howitt wrote:

 Ok, but how does it help me? From what I've read it seems dnsmasq can
only do recursion. If I keep dnsmasq then I would need to point it to
another iterative DNS resolver running on my box such as PowerDNS or
BIND rather than to OpenDNS or have I misunderstood? Is there
something simple I can do with dnamasq or OpenDNS?

all you need to make sure is that if you have dnsmasq you only miss one single change

/etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 127.0.0.1

thats all, make sure it does not change on boot
I've already got it (but the man pages says it ignores it!) but then I've got OpenDNS after.