Hi all,

I’ve installed the ClamAV plugin (v1.93, with v0.99.2 as ClamAV engine)
according to: https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/ClamAVPlugin. All has gone
well, it works.

In particular I’ve adopted the local mode, that uses a local socket (file) in
order to establish the communication between them.

Now, I need to put both (clamd -the daemon- and the SpamAssassin service)
starting at boot, keeping in mind, of course, that SpamAssassin needs clamd to
be up un running in order to load the related plugin. So:

- I tried to put clamd on rc.local then moving SpamAssassin after: all the
services started but the plugin do not "attach the daemon” (no filtering
viruses);
- I tried to put clamd followed by a ‘SpamAssassin restart' on rc.local: the
same, all seems ok but no success.

Only when I restart SpamAssassin manually from a shell (with the clamd started)
all goes well. As a matter of fact, I receive on the clamd logfile the message:

stream(127.0.0.1@1858): OK.

Then the filtering is ok.

Any idea on how to proceed?

Thank you very much for all your support.

Cheers,
—Carlo

Dr. Carlo Manuali
Responsabile Servizi Informatici / IT Services Manager
Department of Chemistry, Biology and Biotechnology - University of Perugia (IT)
Mail: carlo.manu...@unipg.it
Web: http://www.unipg.it/carlo
Office: +39.075.5855213