Once upon a time the include rules for spamassassin was published in its wiki
(example here: http://spamassassin.apache.org/tests_3_3_x.html) which in
turn gave a link to an 'explanation' detail of the individual rules.

However, as you know, these wiki ages are no longer updated due to "rules
being updated nightly".  And googling an individual rule does only give
something useful as long as it appeared in the old 3.3 wiki (like in the
link above). So where does one find details of new rules?

For those of use that have no idea on the behind-the-scenes workings of
spamassassin (including the development contributions, scoring evaluations
etc), could someone give me a starter please to where I can start to look or
find a page giving detail similar to the above in order I can then lookup.
(I assume that every rule has some form of explanation to it before it gets
committed and included).  How do I find such detail (in a readable, end-user
understandable form)?  (Links to development, discussion, commits or
whatever are fine just as long as ultimately it ends up giving the rule
detail).

(Currently it seems I am just having 'to trust' whatever scores are given to
the rules, and that the rules are pertinent to every system.  And without an
explanation of the rules, it seems a little strange that we, as admins, are
allowed to then tailor the scoring of such rules (if we wish to) even though
we have no idea what the rules are in the first place).

TIA