On 11/06/2016 05:09, Bill Cole wrote:
So, you thought validating email addresses was a problem demanding a solution? And you "solved" it with a regular expression?

Congratulations on now having 2 problems. They should be very happy together.

The regex I quoted was out of context to the problem and completely unrelated (sorry if you feel so confused with that). It is actually for another software project (a mail server) that, being a mail server, must ensure email addresses are valid. I quoted the regexp in context of showing my point about how 'squiggly' they can be and that I am able to read them.....to a point. (I was proud because 'googling' around for a regex email address validator string shows some VERY suspicious and extortionately,seemingly unnecessarily, long offerings. So I had a go myself).