I am trying to figure out what part of SA is taking the most time on certain e-mails, e.g

time spamassassin ham-1468528393442166.eml

[...]

real    0m34.531s

user    0m33.958s

sys    0m0.452s

I have installed HitFreqsRuleTiming and the timing result file has specific rules that takes long, but the total is about 21 seconds:

awk '{print $3}' timing.log | awk '{s+=$1}END{print s}'

21.4295

I was wondering if there was a way to find out what the extra 13 seconds were used for. Also, would there be a better benchmarking strategy?

I have attempted to look at the debug, but the timing seems to skip multiple seconds at random intervals that are not indicative of what rule ran.

--
Olivier Coutu
Assistance technique