I have a problem using reject_unverified_recipient to verify under Exchange
2016 that I don't have with Exchange 2010

Postfix is used to send and receive mail and is between the internet and the
internal Exchange Server
Now, when an internet user send an email to our domain postfix verify it making
an rcpt to to our exchange using reject_unverified_recipient instruction
This worked well with Exchange 2010 but now with Exchange 2016 doesn't work.
Exchange 2016 needs the installation of Recipient Filter Agent and obviously I
installed it.
Now we have Frontend Transport that answer at port 25 and verify recipient at
DATA phase and the Hub Transport that answer at port 2525 and verify recipient
at RCPT TO

Here Exchange 2016 at port 25 that verify unknown recipient at DATA phase
telnet 10.1.1.126 25
220 GEMMA.gruppocomet.net Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready
helo me
250 GEMMA.gruppocomet.net Hello [10.2.6.4]
mail from:e...@ext.com
250 2.1.0 Sender OK
rcpt to:doesntex...@gruppocomet.it
250 2.1.5 Recipient OK
data
354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>
some data
.
550 5.1.10 RESOLVER.ADR.RecipientNotFound; Recipient not found by SMTP address
lookup

Here Exchange 2016 at port 2525 that verify unknown recipient at RCPT TO phase
telnet 10.1.1.126 2525
220 GEMMA.gruppocomet.net Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready
helo me
250 GEMMA.gruppocomet.net Hello [10.2.6.4]
mail from:e...@ext.com
250 2.1.0 Sender OK
rcpt to:doesntex...@gruppocomet.it
550 5.1.10 RESOLVER.ADR.RecipientNotFound; Recipient not found by SMTP address
lookup

When I connect to a Postfix configured with reject_unverified_recipient it
doesn't work
I tried to transport domain to Exchange at port 2525 and at port 25 using the
parameter smtp_address_verify_target = data

Postfix answer OK at RCPT TO of
doesntex...@gruppocomet.it<mailto:doesntex...@gruppocomet.it> and need some
time to answer, so I suppose that it make the call to Exchange
RCPT TO is immediate if I remove reject_unverified_recipient

Nicola Piazzi
CED - Sistemi
COMET s.p.a.
Via Michelino, 105 - 40127 Bologna - Italia
Tel.  +39 051.6079.293
Cell. +39 328.21.73.470
Web: www.gruppocomet.it<http://www.gruppocomet.it/>
[Descrizione: gc]