Dear List,

i have an issue with spamassassin under debian wheezy (7.11) and spamassassin
version 3.3.2.

my surrounding is as follows: perimeter smtp relay1 is postfix 2.9.6-2 on
debian wheezy 7.11 (dedicated host) that transfers mails to relay2 which is
postfix 2.9.6-2 on debian wheezy 7.11 (dedicated host) with spamassassin
version 3.3.2. After spamassassin checks are done mails get transferred to
relay3 which is lotus domino version9 on windows 2008r2.

Spamassassin is intended to only mark/tag mails as spam with the option in
local.cf via the "add_header" option that a filter in the backend can sort out
the mails that are flagged as spam by read out the headers X_Spam_Status Field.

So far so good. The concept works like it should with only one exception: Some
mails are not tagged by spamassassin and i dont have a clue why. Viscerally i
would say its about 20% of all mails that arent tagged by spamassassin.

My local.cf looks like (i shortened it and remove comments):

report_safe 0
required_score 4
bayes_auto_learn 0
report_charset iso-8859-1
report_contact hotl...@xxx.xx

#Whitelisting
whitelist_from *@xx.de
whitelist_from *@*.xx.de
whitelist_from *@xx.de
whitelist_from *@xx.net
whitelist_from *@xx.de
whitelist_from *@xx.com

clear_headers

# Add a spamassassin header to all messages so that we can filter them out
##add_header all Status _YESNO_, score=_SCORE_ required=_REQD_ tests=_TESTS_
autolearn=_AUTOLEARN_ version=_VERSION_
##add_header all Report
##add_header spam Flag _YESNOCAPS_
##add_header all Flag _YESNOCAPS_
add_header all Status _YESNO_

ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Shortcircuit

endif # Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Shortcircuit

In the add_header area you can see what i tried. None of them solved the issue.
Good Mails get a Field in the header as: X_Spam_Status like:

Feldname: X_Spam_Status
Datentyp: RFC822-Text
Datenlänge: 35 Byte
Seq.-Num.: 1
Doppeleintrags-ID: 0
Feld-Flags:
RFC822 Typ: TEXT
RFC822 Kennzeichen: STRICT
Nativer Wert:

"No"

RFC822 Header-Name:

"X-Spam-Status"

RFC822 Header-Begrenzer:

": "

RFC822 Header-Body:

4E 6F 0D 0A       No..

Bad Mails get no header from Spamassassin at all! Hopefully someone can shed
some light whats missing or where the error is. Thank you really much in
advance.

With kind of regards,

Maik Linnemann