On 1 Nov 2016, at 20:31, Alex wrote:

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 9:11 PM, Bill Cole
<sausers-20150...@billmail.scconsult.com> wrote:
On 31 Oct 2016, at 20:38, Alex wrote:

Hi all,

We keep receiving variations of this dropbox phish that's never tagged
properly. I was hoping someone had some ideas for catching them.

I've added a few more body rules, and some header rules to block this "drpbox" spelling variation, but I hoped someone had some better ideas
to block them before they're received...

http://pastebin.com/7PQgEsrJ

The domains in the body still aren't blacklisted anywhere, and the IPs
are on more whitelists than otherwise.

Well, I find this quite useful with very few false positives:

uridnsbl        URIBL_SBLXBL    sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org.   TXT
body            URIBL_SBLXBL    eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_SBLXBL')
describe        URIBL_SBLXBL    Contains a URL listed in the SBL/XBL
blocklist
tflags         URIBL_SBLXBL     net
score             URIBL_SBLXBL          7

This check will FP after a fashion when a nominally legitimate webserver lands on the CBL because it is infected with something. I see that as not a
FP at all but some may disagree.

Your sample directs recipients to an URL whose domain name resolves to an IP
that has been pon the CBL for over 30 hours straight.

Is this not already in 25_uribl.cf?

Not in the one sa-update fetched for me today... It is however given as an example in the Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL pod/man with the explicit 'ns' tflag, which is a bit of a surprise to me. My local.cf comments imply that I added it at the suggestion of a wise colleague many years ago (circa SA 3.2.)

You believe this is more effective, and safer than a check_rbl_sub()
SBLXBL call on the header?

I believe it is entirely orthogonal to that test, although I don't expect there's many SBL/XBL listees in headers unless one does not use Zen ahead of SA (which I suppose some people probably do not...)