Hello,

I posted this question to the Postfix list and it occurred to me that the SA community could be just as (or more) informative:

I am looking at a system where SpamAssassin is called out from the delivery agent. I know there will be a difference here in terms of the envelope information but I'm not familiar enough to know the pitfalls of this versus calling SA from the postfix content_filter.

Specifically, I believe it's recommended to call SA in context of receive_override_options=no_address_mappings but this wouldn't be the case when we are in the delivery agent I think. What are the effects of this?

Also, if it's possible to have LMTP send the original envelope sender (x-original-to?), would that help? And is that possible yet in the newest version of Postfix?