I am using Postfix and cluebringer does looks pretty slick
so I will check into that.

>Quotas are fully configurable by tracking inbound and
>outbound trafic by ip, sasl user, etc

These outbound senders are my own internal customers
smarthosting through my mail relays so I can't do things
like rate limiting, greylisting, SPF checks, HELO checks,
etc. on them like I do for Internet inbound mail.

For example, they may have an Exchange server that
sends legit emails all day long.  Since I am their outbound
mail relay, I am their Internet edge server so SPF checks
and other network checks would be performed on my
server by the receiving Internet mail server.  I have to
detect compromised accounts and block them to
protect the reputation of my mail server IPs (keep them
off of RBLs and a high senderscore.org score).

My compromised account detect already works pretty
well but I am just wanting to improve it to detect a new
scenario.  The common theme is lots of email sent to
FREEMAIL recipients that I need a rule hit for my SQL query.