On 11/09/16 22:10, Alex wrote:
>> COMMIT/trunk/rules/50_scores.cf
>>
>> Committed revision 1760066.
>>
>> score RCVD_IN_SORBS_SPAM 0 0.5 0 0.5
>>
>> should show up after next SA update
>
> Has RCVD_IN_SORBS_WEB been considered for adjustment as well? It's
> hitting a lot more ham than spam here, including mail from facebook.

Over the last four months I've seen a fair number of false positives
from RCVD_IN_SORBS_WEB, including Facebook, Google, HaveIBeenPwned and
various legit servers.  A Facebook example:

  145.144.220.66.dnsbl.sorbs.net. 3600 IN TXT "Exploitable Server See:
http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml?66.220.144.145";

The rule scored 3.253 in November, which has fallen to 2.034 now.  This
still seems high for a RBL, particularly one that does deep-parsing,
i.e. isn't -lastexternal, and hits end users (not servers) listed in the
x-originating-ip header.  To be fair, it is hitting some malware and
carder spam too, but not much that would otherwise be missed.  The list
is described as:

        web.dnsbl.sorbs.net - List of web (WWW) servers which have spammer
                              abusable vulnerabilities (e.g. FormMail scripts)
                              Note: This zone now includes non-webserver
                              IP addresses that have abusable vulnerabilities.

I've reduced the score on my installation to 0.5.  Would this kind of
thing be prevented by more people contributing to the mass checks?  Or
could it be adjusted downwards as Alex suggested?

CK