I have 2 servers with SA 3.4.1 running on Slackware, with Bind in caching/recursive mode. For months one of them has been unable to correctly do dns blocklists (but the queries are not blocked). I have pored over the logs, and the main difference is that, although both of them pick up on the bad urls in the body of the message, the bad server is unable to resolve the url to an IP address for some reason (but dig works fine on the command line on both servers):

On the good server:

dbg: uridnsbl: complete_ns_lookup NS:spamdomain.com
dbg: uridnsbl: got(1) NS for spamdomain.com: spamdomain.com. 45 IN NS ns3.bkdns.vn.
</snip>
dbg: uridnsbl: complete_a_lookup A:spamdomain.com
dbg: uridnsbl: complete_a_lookup got(1) A for spamdomain.com: spamdomain.com. 45 IN A 1.2.3.4

On the broken server I only get:

dbg: uridnsbl: complete_ns_lookup NS:spamdomain.com
dbg: dns: dns reply 62167 is OK, 0 answer records
dbg: async: calling callback on key A:spamdomain.com
dbg: uridnsbl: complete_a_lookup A:spamdomain.com
dbg: dns: dns reply 36552 is OK, 0 answer records

Would anybody know why the broken server is unable to resolve domains to IP's in SA (but works ok through dig)? There are no error messages anywhere that I can find and spamassassin -D --lint is not complaining of anything.