On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 15:27:36 -0400
Robert Kudyba wrote:

> > The biggest issue I see is the SPF approval:
> > ARC‐Authentication‐Results: i=1; mx.google.com;
> >
> >        spf=pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of
> > le...@cis.fordham.edu <mailto:le...@cis.fordham.edu> designates
> > 150.108.68.26 as permitted sender)
> >
> > Perhaps a compromised account?
>
> Well this user has his sendmail account from our subdomain forward to
> his university Gmail account so that’s where the SPF kicks in. But
> how come those first IPs in the mail header pass?

Pass what?

I'm a bit confused, but if I'm understanding correctly, by spoofed HELO
you meant that the HELO doesn't match the rDNS (which is full-circle),
and you had expected sendmail to reject because of that. Beyond that I
don't see what the question is.

The only thing anomalous is that cis.fordham.edu doesn't have an SPF
record, google used a best-guess record.