On Fri, 11 Aug 2017, Scott wrote:

I'm chicken.  :D

I don't have much (almost no) experience overriding those yum packages.

It's pretty simple, just "yum install {local_filename}"

And those warnings I got when I rebuilt from source made me nervous.

I suppose I could publish the Centos 7 x86/64 RPMs I build and use on my website. They wouldn't be signed...

  USMC Rules of Gunfighting #6: If you can choose what to bring
  to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.
 4 days until the 72nd anniversary of the end of World War II