On 12/09/17 12:33, RW wrote:
On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 08:41:01 +0100
Sebastian Arcus wrote:

The confusing part is that left to its devices, Pyzor creates
a .pyzor dir in the home dir of the user it is run as. But if
--homedir is specified, it dumps stuff directly there, instead of
creating a .pyzor dir.In the end I got rid of the "pyzor_options
--homedir" option in local.cf and it worked fine.

It is a bit confusing, but it's not that the .pyzor directory is use
inconsistently, it's that pyzor defines

   --homedir=HOMEDIR     configuration directory

so the default homedir is $HOME/.pyzor/ not $HOME/.

If you want to use  pyzor_options you could use:

   pyzor_options  --homedir /var/spool/spamd/.pyzor

Like with everything, it all makes sense after you fully understand
what's going on :-) I just made the wrong assumptions about how the option would work. Like Ian says, the word "home" in the option
name makes it easy to assume that everything will be arranged as
subdirectories under it. No matter - I'm happy I've finally found a
solution to the empty bodied emails hitting PYZOR_CHECK :-)

Thanks again for all the help.