On 09/22/2017 11:46 AM, Marc Perkel wrote:
I think people are misunderstanding. It's not a spamd service. It's basically another rule you would add to your config.

I think I need to do it first and then talk about it.

I think you are misunderstanding them. They are trying to tell you a better way to do this that wouldn't require writing a custom plugin and reinvent the wheel with the plugin and encrypted communications.

I personally don't want to have the overhead and latency required to send a complete copy of all email flowing through my SA filters to an external service/server. If something goes/slows down then I will start getting SA timeouts in MailScanner. Since MailScanner runs batches of messages at a time, an SA timeout causes the whole batch (up to 10 messages) to pass through as clean. Thankfully most of the messages that make it to SA are clean so the occasional SA timeout doesn't cause a problem.

--
David Jones