On 09/02/2010 12:51, Janosch Scharlipp wrote:
Is the runtime part of the final program, or is it available as a dll in my
os ready to be loaded on program startup?

In build lingo, that sounds: is the runtime statically linked or dynamically linked? It depends on how the subversion source code was built and packaged. I bet the configuration files/makefiles default to some direction (so the subject is somewhat relevant on this list) but I couldn't find any /MT or /MD. Either way, it's the responsibility of the supplier of the subversion package, like Collabnet, SlikSVN... to cook something that works from the source code.

Can i find out, what type of runtime is beeing used

For Windows, dependencywalker.com is great. If the runtime is dynamically linked, it will show something like msvcrt*.dll is used.

But if I were you, I would use the workaround suggested in this thread and not try to talk sense into Windows. Maybe you can fool it by passing a unicode * character or so.

--
Stein