Stefan Sperling wrote:
On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 10:42:59PM -0800, Eli S wrote:
Apologies to for letting this languish. I was waiting on an upgrade
and the system administrators upgraded to 1.6.6 on Ubuntu. The
repository and branch were created on 1.5.1 using cvs2svn. The
branch was created using svn copy between URLs.

My problem is that when I upgrade trunk to branch I get lots of
conflicts and messages to the effect that the whole history is
getting merged.

I tried the fix suggested by Stefan Sperling:
<branch-working> svn merge --record-only -r0:1606 TRUNK_URL

which produces no output. Then I still get the following behavior:
<branch-working> svn merge TRUNK_URL
--- Merging r2 through r1618 into '.':
   C test
   C exec

Neither:
<branch-working> svn propget svn:mergeinfo
nor
<trunk-working> svn propget svn:mergeinfo
produces any output, even after I do the record-only merge. Even
when I create a new branch (by copying URLs) in 1.6.6, checkout the
branch and attempt svn propget I get the same behavior. Anyone ever
seen this?
What version of Subversion does the server run?
It needs to run >= 1.5 for merge-tracking to work.

Stefan

Wow. Embarrassing. Thought I had checked that twice over, but I hadn't...it is in the 1.4 series. Once we upgrade, can I recover using the same ideas? Do I have to mark the trunk in any way?

Thanks,
Eli