> Thanks for the response. This I can do. However, what I want is to get
> all of the history etc. into the trunk so that it looks like the
> repository was created properly to start with. The svn mkdir and mv
> commands do not work in the repository itself, only in the working copy.

Sure they do... check out svn help mv:

  SRC and DST can both be working copy (WC) paths or URLs:
    WC  -> WC:   move and schedule for addition (with history)
    URL -> URL:  complete server-side rename.
  All the SRCs must be of the same type.

The mv will retain all the history.

If you are on windows you can use the TortoiseSVN repo browser. It makes stuff
like this very easy.

BOb