I've been using subversion in a lighthearted way for a couple of years, recommending it to clients, sending a little money to Tigris now and then. It works very well for most of what I need it for. But I have one big problem that I can't resolve.

It's this: the mailing list paradigm drives me insane.

I want to search for solutions, complain about my favorite missing features, and reply to other people's problems when I've already solved them. But I can't seem to do that without subscribing to the mailing list. And my inbox is entirely full enough, thank you.

There are probably thousands of competent, helpful people like me who would love to participate, but won't subscribe to yet another list. You aren't hearing from them... because they're not subscribed. Please change over to a threaded forum, so I can participate without resorting to email.

Is this something Tigris can change? Is it worth opening a new issue report about it? Everything I've found in the system is two years old or more.

Thanks!
Dylan