I recently had my subversion server die - the box, not subversion itself - and
have been working through the recovery process.
Part of that is going through and modifying a number of projects for the change
in the URL - namely changing from a non-standard port for apache to a standard
port.
We have started using svn:externals in some projects, but did not use the
relative path values - instead, specifying the whole URL; so I need to update
the URLs in the svn:externals.

I know I can get the values using 'svn pget svn:externals'; but the SVN redbook
recommends against using pset/propset to set the values.
So, how do I set the values from a script? "svn help pset" seems to show a "-F"
parameter for reading the values from a file. This seems like it would take
care
of the concern mentioned issue - that the externals are multi-line.
If that is the case, then shouldn't the note say to use that parameter with
pset
or use pedit instead of flatly saying use pedit?
Or is there another reason why I shouldn't use pset?

TIA,

Ben

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.advanced.externals.html