On 11/5/10 8:26 AM, opensrcguru wrote:
List,

I've got about 20 repos that have been successfully syncing (with
svnsync) to two read only copies for a few months. The r/w copy and
both r/o copies are located on a local LAN (different subnets
separated by firewalls).

Today, the sync process started failing on 1 repo (all others were
unaffected) on both r/o copies at the exact same time/same revision
with errors similar to the following...

Transmitting file data .svnsync: Base checksum mismatch on
'/path/to/file/foo/bar':
    expected:  2f2e025c4c4855e7466799a877b3e23d
      actual:  272214b9518d352e16e7eeceeb22f573

I successfully removed the uncommitted transactions (svnadmin rmtxns
reponame `svnadmin lstxns reponame`) and attempted the  re-sync,  to
no avail.

svnadmin verify returned no errors

I ended up  re-creating the r/o repo and then re-syncing all 65k
commits to the repos (which takes a while...)

Software binaries from Collabnet:
r/w version = svn/svnsync, version 1.6.13 (r1002816)
r/o 1 version = svn/svnsync, version 1.6.13 (r1002816)
r/o 2 version = svn/svnsync, version 1.6.13 (r1002816)

Is there a better approach to resolving the issue
Am I running into a known issue?

Just another data point - I just realized the same thing has happened on one of my replicated repos and it isn't up to date. This was on a CentOS server with the rpmforge 1.6.x RPM installed. I'm going to try to dump the copy up to several revs before the problem file changed, load it into a new repo and see if I can make svnsysc pick up from there. Or just resync the whole mess from the other side of the world if that fails. If you find some cause for this or a way to avoid it again, please post it.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikes...@gmail.com