On Jan 31, 2011, at 06:45, Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:

> On Monday 31 January 2011, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> If you dump your repository, filter out part of it, then load it into a new
>> repository, that new repository MUST have a new UUID, since it is not the
>> same repository anymore (it's missing parts). Therefore, you CANNOT "svn
>> switch --relocate"; instead you MUST discard existing working copies and
>> check out new ones.
>
> Can you not keep the UUID and also generate dummy revisions while loading in
> order to keep existing revision numbers?

There might be ways to trick Subversion but I wouldn't advocate using any of
them. The UUID is there to help you uniquely identify a repository. If you've
dumped a repository, changed the dumpfile, and loaded it somewhere else, it is
no longer the same repository, and it deserves a new UUID and everything that
comes with that.