Hi,

I'm having a problem using the mod_dav_svn module with Apache and a newly built subversion (version 1.6.17). This usually works out of the box, but I have an undefined symbol (svn_repos__post_commit_error_str) which means apache can't load the module.

The apache version is 2.2.17. The code was built with gcc 4.4.1

'apachectl configtest' results in:

httpd: Syntax error on line 72 of httpd.conf: Cannot load mod_dav_svn.so into server: mod_dav_svn.so: undefined symbol: svn_repos__post_commit_error_str

'ldd -r modules/mod_dav_svn.so' shows the symbol as undefined, but looking at the version in the build tree (subversion/mod_dav_svn/.libs/mod_dav_svn.so) it doesn't contain that symbol. It is only added after a relink, which happens at install time.

I have seen other undefined symbol problems and solutions posted, but they seem unrelated to this one, and so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chris