On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 6:05 AM, Ryan Schmidt
<subversion-20...@ryandesign.com> wrote:
> On Aug 5, 2011, at 01:47, Rajith Chathunga wrote:
>
>> I'm Rajith Chathunga from university of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. My team is
>> developing an open source Subversion client as our internship project. It
>> will be a great help that you can provide us some directions to release it.
>> What is the procedure that we should follow to release it?
>
> I'd begin by hosting the source code, issue tracker, mailing lists, etc. on
> public servers. Google Code, github, SourceForge, etc. Or if the University
> already has such infrastructure set up on its own or would like to set such a
> thing up, you can of course host it yourself. You can also announce the URL
> of your project here on the Subversion Users mailing list. This should
> attract attention from interested parties.

You might see if you can get it up at Apache, since Subversion itself
is now there. . Sourceforge is less picky and easily supports
Subversion access for users and authors.

But, why, exactly, is your team writing a new client? Would the effort
be better spent on the core Subversion tools themselves, or enhancing
one of the IDE's that support subversion?