And of course I forget to actually attach the file.

From: Mark Phippard [mailto:markp...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2011 2:56 PM
To: RYTTING,MICHAEL (A-ColSprings,ex1); Subversion Development
Cc: users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problems compiling 1.7.0 on redhat el4 64bit

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 4:49 PM,
<michael_rytt...@agilent.com<mailto:michael_rytt...@agilent.com>> wrote:

Ok, I've tracked down which revision caused the problem.  It happened in rev
1104160.  Stefan2 made a change to utf.c to speed up UTF8 conversion.  Ever
since this change went in I am seeing subversion crash when I compile on 64bit
el4.

Just for kicks and giggles I updated to the HEAD revision of
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk.  Did a reverse merge on rev
1104160, cleaned up the conflicts and built it and viola!  No more crashing
when built on 64bit el4.

Thanks.  Moving the thread to dev@

Can someone look at this and possibly fix it?

If you are not on users@, and to summarize this thread.  SVN builds fine on
RHEL 4 64-bit but crashes immediately on any command, even svn help.  I saw the
same problem with our builds.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard