On 10/26/11 15:37, Philip Martin wrote:
Attila Nagy<b...@fsn.hu>  writes:

I'm trying to update a working copy of some tens of GBs with svn 1.7.1
Did you upgrade with 1.7.0 or 1.7.1?
I've upgraded the WC with 1.7.0, then switched to 1.7.1, which I'm currently using. The upgrade took nearly one week (I can't afford a clean checkout, because I have to preserve the files' inode numbers), at the start it was running very fast, and at the end of the week it could print a new directory in every 8-10 seconds, while the svn processes CPU usage was 100%. The disks weren't touched, it seems that even with a database completely in the OS's buffer cache the SQL operations are pretty slow with a lot of files. Could it be because some indexes are missing (or not optimized for this amount of files), or it is what we could get from SQLite?

$ svn up
Updating '.':
svn: E235000: In file 'subversion/libsvn_wc/update_editor.c' line
1582: assertion failed (action == svn_wc_conflict_action_edit ||
action == svn_wc_conflict_action_delete || action ==
svn_wc_conflict_action_replace)
Abort (core dumped)
Can you show us a gdb stack trace?
I'm sorry, this is a production machine and this error caused a major lockup in our business processes, so I've had to work around it, and I lost the core file in the process. BTW, there was one tree conflict somewhere, it seems that an svn resolve solved the issue.

How many working nodes do you have?
sqlite3 .svn/wc.db "select count (*) from nodes where op_depth>  0"

The query say that I have one. (now, after the conflict resolution)