I can't find any reference online to this error code. I am trying to do a command line 'svn cp' of one file to a new name in the same directory:

$ svn cp 3.14.7.html 3.14.8.html
svn: E200033: database is locked, executing statement 'RELEASE   s0'

This with a freshly upgraded (from 1.6.17-ish, using 1.7.1 not 1.7.0) WC. I think the issue stems from the fact that the WC is hosted on a Windows XP box, and CIFS-mounted onto the CentOS 5 box that I am trying the operation on (I have compiled 1.7.1 myself for CentOS 5).

The WC is otherwise behaving fine (although I vaguely recall another Linux op. that gave me a similar lock error; I resorted to finishing on Windows).

The same 'svn cp' works OK issued on the Windows side (using TortoiseSVN's command-line exes).

  Is there anything I can do to track this down?

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature