Hi,

This may or may not be an issue, since it could be how the OS interprets the
command. Explanation as follows.

Discovered an issue with running svn commit:

Merge is successful

[evanw@laptop] /Users/evanw/misc/rd/
=> svn merge http://svn/repo/tools/release_dashboard/trunk --dry-run
--- Merging r61477 through r61658 into '.':
D    jira.project.class.php
D    situationreport.class.php
D    report.class.php
D    situationreport.stage.class.php
D    jira.project.checkpoint.class.php
D    index.php
D    jira.class.php
[evanw@laptop] /Users/evanw/misc/rd/
=> svn merge http://svn/repo/tools/release_dashboard/trunk
--- Merging r61477 through r61658 into '.':
D    jira.project.class.php
D    report.class.php
D    situationreport.class.php
D    situationreport.stage.class.php
D    jira.project.checkpoint.class.php
D    index.php
D    jira.class.php
However, committing with * does not work:

[evanw@laptop] /Users/evanw/misc/rd/
=> svn ci * -m 'BM-123: merge from trunk into my branch'
Committing with . or the main directory name will work:

[evanw@laptop] /Users/evanw/misc/rd/
=> svn ci . -m 'BM-123: merge from trunk into my branch'
Sending        .
Deleting       index.php
Deleting       jira.class.php
Deleting       jira.project.checkpoint.class.php
Deleting       jira.project.class.php
Deleting       report.class.php
Deleting       situationreport.class.php
Deleting       situationreport.stage.class.php

Committed revision 61659.
Strangely, other commands with * used will work, such as svn delete, svn add,
etc. Even svn commit * will work somewhat as it commits the modified and added
files, but not the deleted ones.

I had a discussion with others and their explanation is that the character *
refers to valid targets and thus deleted items are not targettable, hence their
being missed in the commit. Should this be a valid exception case for svn
commit so as to make it consistent with other svn commands?

Is this

Evan Wee
[Build]
Email/AIM: ev...@nationalfibre.net