Hello.  I've read through some threads, but it seems that the scenarios
assume I have valid repo dumps.  I do not.

What I have is a new server, and the backups of the old server.  I installed
what I can only assume is a much newer version of subversion on the new
server.  I copied my repo directory to the new server and tried an import,
which failed with svn: Expected version '3' of repository; found version
'5'.  In fact, it says that no matter what svn command I put in.

I am running "svn, version 1.1.4 (r13838)"

Can anyone please point me down the right path?