> From: Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com>

While I do agree, I think the simple solution is to generally just use tagged
externals to start with, and then switch them to trunk or a branch when you
need to work on them from that project.
Not only does it solve the above, but it also enforces a discipline in how
projects are updated to use newer versions of the tags; it also requires
developers to be aware of which externals affect which projects - which, IMHO,
is a good thing.

$0.02

Ben