Compiling SVN is somewhat demanding for a beginner. Is there a shorter way to
compile the tool "svnversion" with less dependencies and effort? Are really all
the stuff SQLite ... is needed for this?

I use SVN inside eclipse, but this seems not to provide the "svnversion"
functionality I need to make sure that my compiled code is identically to the
checked in (with or without added M to version)
Unfortunatly the svnpackage for my old Ubuntu isn't compatible to the newer
required 1.7SVN with comes with eclipse. So I can't use this .

Can someone give me a hint? Thanks!