Arno Steffens wrote on Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 23:04:22 +0100:
> Compiling SVN is somewhat demanding for a beginner. Is there a shorter
> way to compile the tool "svnversion" with less dependencies and
> effort? Are really all the stuff SQLite ... is needed for this?

SQLite, APR, APR-Util are required even for this use-case.

You can build with:

% make svnversion

But I'm not quite sure you how'd install.  I'd start with

% make -n install | grep svnversion

> I use SVN inside eclipse, but this seems not to provide the "svnversion"
> functionality I need to make sure that my compiled code is identically to the
> checked in (with or without added M to version)
> Unfortunatly the svnpackage for my old Ubuntu isn't compatible to the newer
> required 1.7SVN with comes with eclipse. So I can't use this .
>

> Can someone give me a hint? Thanks!

As already suggested: you might consider looking for other packages (or
backports) before compiling it yourself.