On 08/15/2013 06:18 AM, Johan Corveleyn wrote:
On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 10:57 PM, Glenn Holmer <ghol...@weycogroup.com> wrote:
On 08/12/2013 03:51 PM, Greg Stein wrote:

Apache Subversion actually started as "Inversion" around December
1999, or January 2000. It wasn't until April 2000, that we accepted
"Subversion" as a rename. It had "version" in the name, and we *were*
trying to subvert the CVS installations/community, so the name fit
extremely well :-)

It became "Apache Subversion" in February 2010.

Great story, thanks!

And if you want to know how to pronounce Subversion:

   http://subversion.apache.org/faq.html#pronounce

Hahaha, I still have copies of Linus saying the corresponding thing in English and Swedish.

--
Glenn Holmer
Weyco Group, Inc.