On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 12:43 PM, John Maher <jo...@rotair.com> wrote:

> The clean up script is a good idea but won't work here.  We have mostly all
> class libraries.  One executable.  This means to test we need to specify an
> application in the project.  Some developers use the exe while some use a
> tool made just for testing the classes.  This information is in the *.sou
> files which are unversioned for this reason.  So we don't want to delete them
> (as I incorrectly stated somewhere) but ignore them.

You are sort-of asking for trouble if you have any dependency on
unversioned files being in a workspace at all, much less for them to
continue to exist when switching among versions with/without the
containing directories.   I'd advise stepping back from the immediate
problem and thinking of processes that will always work with a fresh
checkout so that in the future you can use build automation tools like
jenkins, relying only on the contents of the repository even when the
build happens on a new host.  It will simply your life even for manual
operations if you can count on that.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikes...@gmail.com