Hi Folks,

I would like to include the svn revision number in my project's version info
but I am confused by the results of svnversion.  I want the version number of a
tagged tree to always be the same (i.e. the last commit to the tag) but if the
tag is to be rebuilt using a fresh checkout some time later `svnversion` seems
to report the HEAD revision.  So I looked at `svnversion -c` but this always
seems to give me a range e.g. `2:1476`, even directly after an update.

I have read the red book but it is quite vague about the -c option.  Why is
`-c` always giving me a range?

Many thanks,

~ mark c