On Dec 5, 2013, at 03:23, Cooke, Mark wrote:

>> Note that "bare" svnversion can give a range as well:
>>
>>    % svnversion -c ~srv/conf
>>    105:143
>>    % svnversion ~srv/conf
>>    142:143
>
> Understood, however for my example I get a different "sort" of answer
> with(out) `-c` on all my WCs (including an unmodified fresh checkout),
> without `-c` gave a single revision, with `-c` always gives a range.  That
> seems to me to be inconsistent (even wrong):

The output makes sense to me:

> {{{
> D:\PROJECTS\Support\Code>svn --version
> svn, version 1.7.10 (r1485443)
>   compiled Jun  1 2013, 07:40:50
> <snip>
>
> D:\PROJECTS\Support\Code>svn up .
> Updating '.':
> At revision 638.
>
> D:\PROJECTS\Support\Code>svnversion .
> 638

This means that all the items in this working copy are “at” revision 638, i.e.
you ran “svn up -r 638” (or just “svn up” if 638 is the HEAD revision). It
means this is not a mixed-revision working copy, and that none of the items
were in a modified state, which can be good to know.

> D:\PROJECTS\Support\Code>svnversion . -c
> 235:635
> }}}

This means the least recently changed item in this working copy was changed in
revision 235 and the most recently changed item was changed in revision 635.