From: olli hauer [mailto:oha...@gmx.de]
Sent: Friday, September 5, 2014 5:45 PM
To: users@subversion.apache.org
Cc: Simone Agha
Subject: Re: SVN skipping revert after add for file path with spaces in it

On 2014-09-05 22:37, Simone Agha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble un-adding a directory (recursively) that has spaces in its
> name. I am doing this on Windows 8.1 through a  batch script. An example of
> my code is below:
>
> set PATHWSPACES=%CD%
> svn add "PATHWSPACES"\subdir1\
> svn revert "PATHWSPACES"\subdir1\subdir2\ --recursive
>
> When I run the batch script, the files are added correctly, but I get this
> line when the directory is supposed to be reverted:
>
> Skipped 'C:\Path with spaces\subdir1\subdir2'
>
> Setting the PATHWSPACES variable using quotes of any kind does not work.
> However, what does work is typing out the complete path which is not feasible
> for what I'm trying to do with the batch script. So, this works:
>
>                 Set PATHWSPACES=%CD%
>                 svn add "PATHWSPACES"\subdir1\
>                 svn revert "C:\Path with spaces\subdir1\subdir2\" --recursive
>
> Putting quotes around the entire path or putting quotes around the variable
> and the entire path also does not work. I get the following messages:
>                 For code that is: svn revert "PATHWSPACES\subdir1\subdir2"
> --recursive
>                svn: E155007: 'C:Path' is not a working copy
>                 For code that is: svn revert ""PATHWSPACES"\subdir1\subdir2\"
> --recursive
>                 Skipped 'C:\Path with spaces\subdir1\subdir2" -recursive'
>
> Help! What is going on? Unfortunately, I can't change to a path name without
> spaces.

I can think about two solutions

1) instead using "PATHWSPACES"\subdir1\ use "PATHWSPACES\subdir1\"
2) cd "PATHWSPACES\subdir1\" && svn revert -R

Even windows self has today issues with masking spaces in the path, you will
find x samples with quoted paths in the registry or on technet.
Not exactly your issue but describes how to use cmd and quotes