Bert:

> This error can be triggered (without further details) if our serf HTTP
> library decides to cancel the request... But for that it would need a good
> reason.
>
> It would be very interesting to know what caused this... A network trace (or
> serf debug output) would be very valuable. What platform do you see these
> problems on?

The client and server are both running Linux: CentOS 6.6 with WANdisco V1.8.11
binaries on the client and Red Hat 5.8 with compiled from source 1.7.5 binaries
on the server.  How to I create a network trace and/or serf debug output?

> In another somehow related case that I'm investigating (strict firewall over
> a VPN link) it really helped to switch to the Subversion 1.9 pre-beta
> version... It would be very interesting to know if this has the same effect
> for you.

I can ask the user to give this a try.  Do you have binaries for CentOS 6.6
available?

Alfred