Mark Phippard wrote on Sun, 10 Dec 2017 10:53 -0500:
> If you want any "features" like being able to view history and see diffs then
> you need ViewVC or a similar product.  These just install alongside and
> co-exist with SVN, they do not replace the server.
>
> If you just want to be able to view HEAD revision of files then the built in
> support is fine and you can use SVNIndexXSLT to style it nicer.

Since 1.6, the built-in renderer also supports showing history too:

https://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.8#davkeywordexpansion

It's not linked from anywhere in the interface, but it works:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/?p=850000

(Aside: I wonder whether we should add a simple <form method="GET"> to the
directory index page as UI for this)