From: Nathan Hartman <hartman.nat...@gmail.com>
To: jimbobmcgee <users~subversion.apache....@jimbobmcgee.com>
Cc: users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: Windows 10 November 2019 security updates affecting file:// to
Win2003 shares?
Date: Wednesday, 20 November 2019 17:57

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 10:59 AM jimbobmcgee
<users~subversion.apache....@jimbobmcgee.com> wrote:
> HI all;
>
>  Appreciating the woefully out-of-date/unsupported nature of my setup, I
> thought it might be worth dropping a line to see if anyone else out there
> might be experiencing issues since this month's Patch Tuesday release.
>
>  Prior to the November 2019 updates, our Windows 10 users were successfully
> using Subversion and/or TortoiseSVN to commit to some old v1.6 repositories
> stored on a Windows Server 2003 R2 file share, using the file:// protocol.

Have you considered running svnserve on that Windows Server 2003 box and then
accessing the repository from your client machines via the svn:// protocol?

This will require either re-checking-out working copies on the client machines
or updating their URLs with svn switch --relocate (or through TortoiseSVN).

Nathan