Den ons 10 mars 2021 kl 16:21 skrev Zhao Wu <zha...@gmail.com>:

> To whom it may concern,
>
> Is it possible to put one directory in a repo on a mounted directory? We
> need this for several reasons:

When you mention "repo", is it actually the repository you refer to or is
it a working copy?

The repository, which is stored on the server, contains only a few
directories (and the actual content is stored under db\revs\...) and there
is no relation between the path on the server and the actual path of the
content. (In the thread
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/subversion-users/202103.mbox/%3cpr3pr06mb6922399f737ad222b28e1263f5...@pr3pr06mb6922.eurprd06.prod.outlook.com%3e
there is some information on how the content is stored in the repository).

1. sensitive files must be kept on encrypted file system, but to put the
> entire repo is too slow;

Since you most probably have multiple working copies and individual
developers can check out a new working copy wherever they want, I think it
will be difficult to implement such a policy across your organization.
Unless you have very specific hardware/software limitations I would suggest
to take the performance hit and encrypt everything. (This might also apply
to the disk on the server where the actual repository is stored).

> 2. sometimes we want to test different versions without checking out the
> entire repo;

You can do this by checking out only the specific subfolder that is of
interest at this time.

For example, Subversion's source code is stored in the following
repository: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/

However most developers would checkout just the /subversion/trunk
subfolder: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/ or maybe even
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/contrib/

3. we want to keep large data files in the repo on SSD instead of HDD

> I know one solution is to use external link, but that requires multiple
> repo and extra work for svnadmin.  When I searched I found
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24850844/follow-symlinks-in-svn, but
> when I tried I got:
> svn: E000018: Can't move '...' to '...': Invalid cross-device link
>
> It seems that since 1.7.0 svn has stopped following mount or link. Is
> there a solution for this?

Sorry, no answer on this.

Kind regards,
Daniel Sahlberg