Hello,

The command  svn log -r BASE:HEAD .  doesn't behave as I expect it to.
According to svn help log:

    Show the log messages for any incoming changes to foo.c during the
next 'svn update':
      svn log -r BASE:HEAD foo.c

Yet on my machine I have the following behavior:

> svn up
Updating '.':
At revision 103730.
> svn log -r BASE:HEAD .
r103730 | guillaumeb | 2021-06-01 09:35:24 +0200 (Tue, 01 Jun 2021) | 1 line
some commit message
> svn up
Updating '.':
At revision 103730.

So svn log -r BASE:HEAD reported a log message for a change that was
already taken into account.
Is that a bug in svn or am I misunderstanding something? I would have
expected an empty result, given that there was no incoming change
during the next svn up.

Some more information:
- Sometimes it does behave as I expect it to, I’m not really sure how
to reproduce it.
- The repository in question is rather large and I’m doing those
commands inside a subdirectory while other people are potentially
committing in other unrelated directories.
- That commit 103730 is my own commit (but I don’t see how that should
affect the command, on the contrary)
> svn info
[...]
Revision: 103730
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: guillaumeb
Last Changed Rev: 103730
Last Changed Date: 2021-06-01 09:35:24 +0200 (Tue, 01 Jun 2021)

> svn --version
svn, version 1.14.0 (r1876290)
   compiled Nov 24 2020, 17:16:22 on x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0

Copyright (C) 2020 The Apache Software Foundation.
This software consists of contributions made by many people;
see the NOTICE file for more information.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.apache.org/

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
  - with Cyrus SASL authentication
  - handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
  - handles 'file' scheme
* ra_serf : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using serf.
  - using serf 1.3.9 (compiled with 1.3.9)
  - handles 'http' scheme
  - handles 'https' scheme

The following authentication credential caches are available:

* GPG-Agent
* Mac OS X Keychain

Thank you for your help,
Best,