David Aldrich wrote on Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 17:18:47 +0100:
> Another team member had attempted the rename earlier today but it failed
> with a permissions error.

That's probably unrelated, but still, please quote the error message.

> Could there be some incomplete transaction lurking in the database that is
> causing a tree conflict?

No.  What you're seeing isn't a tree conflict.  Conflicts are
a client-side concept and are triggered by update/switch/merge operations.
Besides, if an incomplete transaction _could_ somehow cause a conflict,
then it could also be updated to, and we'd have noticed that.

(Background reading pointers for interested devs: svn_fs_root_t;
NODES.op_depth.)

Cheers,

Daniel