Thank you for this reproduction script. This is extremely helpful! I
can confirm this reproduces the above error for me exactly. I tested
with 1.10.6, 1.14.1, and an unreleased build of trunk. In all three,
the assertion failure occurs on the same line 384. I'll try to figure
out where the code is taking a wrong turn. In the meantime, if you do
succeed in reproducing the original issue, please do let us know!

Thanks,
Nathan
​I've tried a few more times to make a small reproduction of my original issue,
but I just keep hitting the same assert every time.  I'm hoping that once that
assert is fixed, maybe I can get to my original issue.
Confidentiality notice

This e-mail message and any attachment hereto contain confidential information
which may be privileged and which is intended for the exclusive use of its
addressee(s). If you receive this message in error, please inform sender
immediately and destroy any copy thereof. Furthermore, any disclosure,
distribution or copying of this message and/or any attachment hereto without
the consent of the sender is strictly prohibited. Thank you.