Den sön 22 maj 2022 kl 14:41 skrev Nico Kadel-Garcia <nka...@gmail.com>:

> On Sun, May 22, 2022 at 4:24 AM Andreas Stieger <andreas.stie...@gmx.de>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 5/18/22 16:54, Mark Phippard wrote:
> > > If you can use the same DNS hostname for the new server there will be
> > > no impact on your clients
> >

> > Except for possibly a change server-side certificate which may have
> > changed (and not properly verified before). Can be addressed with
> > testing, and it helps to use a service name instead of a host name.
> >
> > If you are looking to make this seamless, you can set up replication and
> > write-through proxying as you move the configuration and scripts first.
>
> Why would you want to move a Subversion server to a Windows system?

Why not, if it suits the needs of the users? In our case (I'm not OP), we
are a Windows shop with plenty of Windows servers but no pre-existing
Linux/Unix/BSD servers. We selected one of the commercial offerings on
Windows: For the commercial support; To support their work with Subversion;
For the additional nice-to-haves features (one-click Active Directory
authentication, replication, backup). We could have added a new Linux
server and configured everything by hand but to us it made more sense to
install it next to our other applications where all our admins feel
confident.

There are real performance tuning issues for either httpd or svn+ssh
> based access which are more easily handled in a Linux or UNIX
> environment, and high reliability and backup setups far more difficult
> to resolve in a Windows environment.

Why would it be more difficult to setup a HA and backup solution on
Windows? (I'm not counting commercial add-ons here).

Kind regards,
Daniel