In my case, I have no choice in the matter of what server and OS to move to. We
don't use VisualSVN. We just use Tortoise with Subversion. When we last did a
migration from one Windows server to another, it was a tedious process of
contacting the users of the repository, asking them if the repo should be
migrated or archived, setting a date for the migration, telling the users to
make any outstanding commits, locking down the repository, migrating the
repository, informing users of the new URL of the repository, and asking the
users to confirm their ability to access the repo and verifying everything
works as expected. This was done for each repository. This process took us
about 4 ½ months. I'd like to avoid taking that long this time around.

Mike Morin
Senior Programmer Analyst
MaineIT, Department of Administrative and Financial Services
(207)592-6134