Hello,

You can find screen captures of the three previously mentioned tools just
here:
https://superuser.com/questions/559261/looking-for-a-web-based-svn-code-browser-alternative-for-trac-anything-like-g
Some ticket trackers like Redmine also have Subversion browsing
capabilities.

If you're willing to manage you repositories as well as browsing them, I
would recommend having a look at:
* SCM-Manager: https://scm-manager.org/docs/3.1.x/en/user/repo/code/
* RhodeCode: https://rhodecode.com/features
Both are compatible with Subversion, Git and Mercurial backends.

Justin MASSIOT  |  Zentek

On Wed, 22 May 2024 at 10:25, Philippe Andersson <p...@iba-group.com> wrote:

> On 22/05/2024 10:06, Bo Berglund wrote:
> > ... I hope this is not totally OT ...
> >
> > I am running an SVN server on an Ubuntu 20.04 LTS system and I have the
> Apache
> > connection so I can access it via its web interface.
> >
> > This works but is *very limited* in functionality, so I am looking for
> some kind
> > of GUI interface that can be added to my Ubuntu SVN installation and
> gives me
> > functionality to view file revisions, logs etc and also diff revisions
> using the
> > web view.
> >
> > Many years ago (like 20+ years) when I worked at a company using CVS
> there was a
> > web interface which had very useful functions in this regard. It was all
> running
> > on Windows Server.
> >
> > It was named ViewCVS (Python based) and was accessed using a web browser
> towards
> > the CVS server.
> >
> > I have tried to search for something similar for SVN and found WebSVN on
> Github:
> > https://github.com/websvnphp/websvn
> >
> > and:
> >
> > https://websvnphp.github.io/
> >
> > However, I have yet to find any examples on how its displays look or
> work and it
> > also seems to be a rather old project...
> WebSVN is still actively maintained (version 2.8.4 was released 2 months
> ago) and offers the features you're looking for (view files, logs and
> diffs) and more.
>
> I'm not aware of any screenshots, but installing it for evaluation
> purposes is reasonably straightforward.
>
> For small to medium-scale projects, I find it a really helpful addition
> to the Subversion server. For large-scale projects with more than a
> thousand branches or tags, performance will become an issue.
>
> HTH
>
> Ph. A.
>
> --
>
> *Philippe Andersson*
> Unix System Administrator
> IBA Particle Therapy |
> Tel: +32-10-475.983
> Fax: +32-10-487.707
> eMail: p...@iba-group.com
> <http://www.iba-worldwide.com>

          • ... Williams, James P. {Jim} (JSC-CD4)[KBR Wyle Services, LLC] via users
            • ... Yasuhito FUTATSUKI
              • ... Johan Corveleyn
              • ... Mark Phippard
              • ... Johan Corveleyn